Join Dexter High School and Skyline High Schools' National Honor Society's Second Annual Sprout Love Spring Fling Move-A-Thon. The students have set a goal to raise $10,000 for the Sprout Love Initiative. The school that raises the most money will win a trophy to be displayed at their school.
Registrants will receive entry into the race, a race t-shirt, and a Sprout Love Sticker. Participants must register by April 13th to be guaranteed a race t-shirt. Race items will distributed at the race on May 1st.
Al Ritt Stadium
2521 Baker Rd
Dexter MI, 48130
About Sprout Love
The Sprout Love Initiative at the Cancer Support Community raises funds for a Financial Assistance Fund that covers the basic living expenses for individuals experiencing financial hardship due to cancer and its treatment.
The Duke Cancer Institute found that 42% of participants reported a significant or catastrophic financial burden due to their cancer.
- 68% cut back on leisure activities
- 46% reduced spending on food and clothing
- 46% used savings to defray out-of-pocket expenses
- To save money, 20% took less than the prescribed amount of medication, 19% partially filled prescriptions, and 24% avoided filling prescriptions altogether
The Sprout Love Financial Assistance Fund launched in 2019; the fund has granted $250,000 to over 100 families experiencing financial hardship due to cancer and its treatment, including:
- $117,600 toward rent and mortgage
- $43,100 toward car payments and insurance
- $38,300 toward utilities
- $13,700 toward phone and internet
- $14,700 toward groceries and gasoline
- $22,200 toward other necessities, including home and auto repairs, childcare, and more
100% of contributions to the Sprout Love Spring Fling Move-A-Thon will go to the Sprout Love Financial Assistance Fund to directly address significant financial hardship by providing a bridge for families undergoing cancer treatment.