Come join Team Black Dog and train for the 2022 Mini Marathon and/or Coastal 5K! Team Black Dog will equip you with the tools and knowledge to help you cross the finish line. Taught by certified running coaches and experienced runners with a passion for the sport, participants will receive individual attention and help along this journey. Virtual participants are encouraged to join!
- Mini/Half Marathon Training: Participants should be able to complete a 3-5 mile run or run/walk by start date. (16 min. mile minimum for the MB Mini race)
- 5K Training: There are no prerequisites for this training program.
Orientation Date: This is optional for all participants, a brief team meeting to discuss what workouts will look like, how to access the training plan and coaches, and how to use technology (phones, watches, apps) to assist with training.
- Mini/Half Marathon: Wednesday, July 13, 6:15PM
- 5K: Wednesday, August 17, 6:15PM
Training Start Date:
- Mini/Half Marathon: Wednesday, July 20, 6:15PM
- 5K: Saturday, August 20, 6:15AM
Target Race Date:
- Coastal 5k: Saturday, October 15, 7:30 AM
- Mini Marathon (13.1): Sunday, October 16th, 7:00AM
- Half Marathon: $125.00/participant (does not include race entry fee)
- 5K: $75.00/participant (does not include race entry fee)
- Daily training plan including a variety of workouts, cross training, and rest days
- 2 weekly "coach led" team workouts for training team members only
- Variety of videos, etc. to keep you informed should you choose the virtual option
- 2 week post race reverse taper schedule (Half and Full Marathon only)
- Team Black Dog Technical Shirt
- Discounts on store purchases and race registration.
- Access to private team communication
- Tips on gear, nutrition, hydration, strength training, warming up, and cooling down.
- Form drills
- Gait analysis during BDRC shop hours
- Race day preparation & plan
Training Week Runs from Black Dog:
- Saturdays-6:15am Long Run (training team members only)
- Wednesdays-6:15pm Tempo/Speedwork (training team members only)
- Thursdays-6:00pm Easy Pace Group Run/Walk (open to the public-not coach led)