In response to COVID-19 and in the interest of health and safety, we have decided to continue to keep, The 5th Annual Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated • Rho Pi Lambda Chapter Scholarship 5K Run/Walk as a VIRTUAL event.
The mission of this Virtual 5K Run/Walk is to generate funds that will provide scholarships for deserving college bound African-American males within the Carroll, Douglas, and Paulding County areas. We would love for you to continue encouraging friends and family to donate and/or register to join our efforts virtually. We appreciate your participation and ongoing support.
The virtual run/walk can be done anywhere you choose (track, treadmill, sidewalk, neighborhood block), but PLEASE respect the social distancing measures recommended by the CDC. So lace up your shoes and get out there to do a 5K run or walk ANY day, ANY time, between June 5, 2021 and June 19, 2021. This run/walk is for every level of runner/walker. Running is awesome! We love runners. Walking is awesome! We love walkers.
Share your running/walking photos with us on our Facebook and IG page. Use the hashtags #RPL1906Virtual5K #RPL1906PhiveK
Ways to measure distances:
- Fitness Apps: Run Keeper, Pacer, Strava, Garmin Connect, Nike, MapMyRun, etc. These apps can be downloaded for free on any iOS or Android devices. The Fitness App must be able to measure the run/walk distance of: 5K = 3.1 Miles
- Smartwatch, Running, or GPS Watches
- Google Map: Google Maps allow the ability to measure distances
- Virtual Registration will begin on Sunday, April 17, 2021.
- Virtual Registration will close on Saturday, June 19, 2021.
- Virtual times must be submitted by Thursday, July 1, 2021.
- Virtual times must be submitted using the Virtual Time Submission Form.
- The virtual Run/Walk is strictly on an honor system.
- Participants can choose to receive a finishers medal (Those that choose to receive a medal will incur an additional $8.00 charge for shipping)
- Medals are guaranteed to participants who register before June 5, 2021
- Finisher medals will be mailed out to participants once their completion times are submitted. (Please be sure to provide your address using the shipping option in the registration process).
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
The 5th Annual Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated~Rho Pi Lambda Chapter~ Virtual 5K Scholarship Run/WalkThe Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated • Rho Pi Lambda Chapter Scholarship 5K Run/Walk’s mission is to generate funds that will provide scholarships for deserving college bound African-American males within the Carroll, Douglas, and Paulding County areas.Activity Starts: 6/5/2021 07:00 - Activity Ends: 6/19/2021 23:59Registration opens : 4/17/2021 00:00Activity type:Requires Date of BirthRequires phone number