The Runes of Ragnarok (The RoR) is a virtual challenge series with 7 stages worthy of the viking apocalypse! Compete in our first stage 3 Roosters 250km and keep battling through gods and giants until you've completed Thor. The series offers one race per month.
- Each of the seven stages are 250km long. [can be done anywhere]
- The final three stages have vertical requirements; Fenrir - 3km, Jormungandar - 6km, Thor - 9km.
- The entire series will cover the distance of the country of Norway on foot or ski, racing from south to north, 1,750 total km and climbing 18 vertical km!
- There are 7 total months to complete as many of the 7 stages as possible. Beginning October 1st and ending April 30th.
- Participants can run, hike, walk, but also snowshoe, nordic ski, AT ski, split board, etc AS LONG THEY CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN ON THEIR OWN POWER (no chairlift/cat rides/snowmobiles etc), DOWN HILL GLISSADING OR SKIING WILL BE ALLOWED TO COUNT DISTANCE.
- After each completed stage racers get a discount code to continue on the next month's race.
- Race Schedule: Oct - Roosters, Nov - Surtur, Dec Freyr, Jan - Odin, Feb - Fenrir, March - Jormungandr, April - Thor
- IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO REGISTER AS A TEAM FOR THE WHOLE RACE PLEASE CLICK HERE!
MEDALS: Each stage earns a 4 inch golden medal! The race follows the end-of-age battle of Norse Mythology pitting gods against destroyers! Legend tells that the history was recorded on a large golden shield to preserve the story for generations to come. Sadly the golden shield was destroyed by a strike of the Mjolnir thus shattering it into seven shards...Complete all seven stages and reassemble the shards for Thor, Jormungandr, Odin, Fenrir, Freyr, Surtur and the 3 Roosters thus restoring the story! Once assembled this shield is 8 inches in diameter! A trophy so epic only it can commemorate an effort so large!
PRIZES: Every solo registrant will get a t-shirt with our custom pen and ink artwork for entering the race (1 shirt maximum whether you do 1 stage or all 7). Upon completion of stages racers will receive the medal shard corresponding to the stage completed. We want to see your best viking faces this winter too! Post photos of your frozen mug to our facebook page during your efforts and we will be giving away prizes to our favorites!
BENEFIT: WE THINK ROR IS UNIQUE IN EVERY WAY! UNLIKE MOST RACES, PROFITS OF THIS EVENT WILL BE DONATED TO TruStrength Tomorrow, A LOCAL NON-PROFIT THAT DELIVERS HEALTHY MENTORSHIP AND COACHING FOR LOW INCOME YOUTH TO RECEIVE STRENGTH & CONDITIONING AND SPORTS COACHING PROGRAMS. Your dollars will help introduce kids to sports like trail running and rock climbing, have a better shot at pursuing college sport dreams, and make healthy relationships with peers and adults in the community.
OPPORTUNITY: COVID19 sucks. It has forced us to work from home, distance from loved ones, cancel events and lose the feeling of progressing forward with life. We believe this series is the perfect team-building opportunity for corporations, organizations, clubs, and families to use to get reengaged! Challenge your friends this winter to enjoy some fresh air, remain active and connect with you! Compete as a team by assigning a stage/month to each person and collect all the shards to hang in your facility/gym/job place to showcase your team's effort this winter.
INTERNATIONAL RACERS: Due to exorbitant rates, Shipping cost is not included in the registration fee. We will work with you to find the most efficient way to get your swag to you!