The South 40
A gravel ride highlighting the beauty of rural Elbert County & the Front Range of Colorado!
Saturday, June 18
The South 40 Bar & Grill
- Start/Finish at The South 40 Bar & Grill
- 6735 Garfield Ave, Elbert, CO 801066
All registrants receive:
- Custom pint glass + first fill free!
- Event t-shirt if registered by June 1
- Professional registration and event staff
- $15 post-ride voucher to the South 40 Bar & Grill
- On-course mechanical & moto support + sag support
- Aid stations with plenty of water & energy drinks, nutrition, chairs to relax, shade, and friendly volunteers & staff!
- Finish times & results via South 40 RWGPS Event Page
- Clear course signage and markings
- Start and finish marshal support
- Bike wash station
- Raffle prizes
- Ride photos
Non-Competitive Event Format:
- Race if you want, or not - see you at the finish line with a beer! (21 & older only for alcohol)
- 'Rules of the road' only - all riders must obey local and state Vehicle and Traffic Laws throughout the ride.
- Individual start / non-mass, rolling starts
- Self-timed - results via Ride with GPS only
- 200 rider limit!
Self-Timing & Results Only:
- Register on the South 40 RWGPS Event Page
- Record your ride on the RWGPS App or upload your results - RWGPS app will record MOVING TIME ONLY! No penalty for stopping at aid stations, etc. -- download the app here.
- Time clock available at the start/finish
- 23, 46, or 64 miles
- 99-100% gravel (click "View Full Version & toggle to "Map" to see the gravel & paved sections).
- 22.9 miles
- 1630 ft of elevation gain
- 100% gravel
- 1 fully-stocked aid station
- 45.8 miles
- 3188 ft of elevation gain
- 99% gravel
- 3 fully-stocked aid stations
- 63.9 miles
- 4207 ft of elevation gain
- 99% gravel
- 4 fully-stocked aid stations
The South 40 is a recreational ride.
- Helmets are required.
- Riders must obey all traffic markings and signs
- Be kind to each other and our residents!
- Parking at the Elbert School Football field parking lot - 7044 Co Rd 98 Co Rd 98, Elbert, CO 80106 (200 yards from the South 40 Bar & Grill, across N. Elbert Rd)
- Please only park in legal parking spaces
- No event parking at the South 40 Bar & Grill.
- DO NOT block driveways or fire hydrants - your car will be towed
- DO NOT park in business parking lots - your car will be towed
- 7 AM - Registration Open - Elbert School Football field parking lot
- 8-10 AM - Starts open
- 2 PM - Courses closed
- 1-3 PM - Live Entertainment
*Riders must ride at a pace that allows them to finish their ride by 2 PM to receive support on the course. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellation Policy :
- If the event is not held in 2022, all registrants can either request a full refund (less bikereg.com processing fees) or defer to 2023.
- Gravel bike
- Road bike with wider, 28+ mm knobby tires
- Cyclocross bike
- Mountain bike
Recommended minimum gearing:
- 39x27 min.
- On-course mechanical support and aid stations will be provided, but riders should plan on carrying the following items:
- CO2 or pump
- Spare tube(s)
- Tire levers
- Hydration and nutrition
- Spare clothing
- Adventure-seeking bicycle owner!
#Global #Cycling #Adventures