Start date: 10/07/2023
November 7, 2023, is the 3rd Annual D.A. Ride for Survivors! The Ride will start at 7:00 a.m. from Brazos River Park and end there as well. This year we have uploaded the routes to CVRT's Strava page.
THERE IS NO FUNDRAISING OBLIGATION FOR ANY PARTICIPANT! But we are proud to tell you that last year's ride provided nearly $20,000 in grants to local non-profits like Fort Bend Women's Center, Katy Christian Ministries, Daya and AVDA to help domestic violence survivors with emergency food and shelter. This year's profits will become grants to support local non-profits who aid victims of violent crime. Last year local law enforcement DONATED their time and efforts to keep our riders safe. And we greatly appreciate that. This year we have created a way for riders (and again, this is completely optional) to directly help offset the expense to local law enforcement. Just scroll up to the "Event Items" section.
Some more specifics about this year's ride:
- This year there will be more than just the finish line and food at the end of the ride. October is National Domestic Violencet Awareness month. Once again there will be a color run and the DA Fitness Challenge. There will also be facepainting and an artwalk from the Expose Excellence Youth Program.
- We will have pickle juice available again this year.
- We will again have two sag vehicles the day of the ride to help those in need.
- We have adjusted the longer route to have less travel on FM 521. There will be Hydration Stations with snacks and port-a-potties at Brazos River Park, Baines Middle School, and at the turnaround points for the 39 and 54 mile rides.
- There will be patrol units at major intersections to keep everyone safe.
- There will be directional signs along the ride to make sure everybody stays on the right path in addition to having the routes in Strava.
- We have requested that our friends at TxDOT sweep FM 521 and other roadways for the ride.
- FBC EMS will have a presence at the ride, but we hope they have a very quiet morning.
- There will be a repair station at the start/finish line in additon to the repair stations on the course.
- Home 2 Suites has reserved a hotel block for our event. You can book a room at a discounted rate by clicking the following link:
- Stay tuned for more details!
Leave a Comment
You must be signed-in to post a comment for this sportie, or to leave feedback to gamefinder.