Start date: 06/17/2023
Enjoy the Tour of the Wichitas 2023!
This year's Tour of the Wichitas will take place Saturday, June 17!
For 2023, the Friends of the Trail are excited to announce that the Tour of the Wichitas will once again have access to the Wichita Wildlife Refuge and the Fort Sill U.S. Army Post as a part of its routes. Routes will be much the same as the 2022 Tour of the Wichitas: https://ridewithgps.com/events/213863-2023-tour-of-the-wichita-s
Event Fees (Includes a free T-shirt for first 400 registrants):
- Early Online (prior to June 2nd at 11:00 PM): $35 Individual; $55 Tandem
- Regular Online (after June 2nd at 11:00 PM): $40 Individual; $60 Tandem
- In Person Registration (after June 15 at 6:00 PM): $45 Individual; $65 Tandem
Pre-registration and Packet Pickup
- Date: Friday, June 16, 2022
- Time: Noon-7 p.m.
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn Lawton-Fort Sill, 135 NW 2nd Street Lawton, OK 73501
On Site Registration and Packet Pick-up
- Date: Saturday, June 17, 2022
- Time: 6-7:45 a.m.
- Location: Hanger at Henry Airfield, Fort Sill Army Post (Riders must enter Fort Sill at Gate 2, which is located at U.S. HWY 62 and I-44.)
- Date: Saturday, June 17, 2023
- Time: 8 a.m. (No riders will be accepted after 8:20 a.m. the day of the ride.)
- Location: Post Road at Henry Airfield, Fort Sill Army Post (Riders must enter Fort Sill at Gate 2, which is located at U.S. HWY 62 and I-44. Please see coinciding maps below.)
- You will not need to stop at the gate or get a visitor pass to access the facility, but you will need to wear the bib with your rider number and follow the marked routes.
- Parking is available on site.
- King & Queen of the Mountain
- First male and female cyclists to make it to a certain point on the 63 mile ride will be crowned the King and Queen of the Mountain. Winners will be awarded $100. Spotters will be on site to mark the winners.
Once on post, you will immediately see why we love riding these routes; not only will you see historic areas within Fort Sill, you will also enjoy the beauty and terrain of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. The 14 mile and 26 mile routes will remain on post; while the 40 mile and 63 mile routes will leave Fort Sill through the Twin Gates on to HWY 115 and then head north into the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, then back past Mount Scott, by the charming cobblestone town of Medicine Park before re-entering Fort Sill at the LETRA gate. Once again, your bib with your rider number is all that is need to pass through that gate.
The Friends of the Trail are very appreciative of Fort Sill leadership providing the necessary security to provide special event access to these routes for our riders. Within the Lawton Fort Sill community, cooperation is truly an action word!
We will have SAG support, but before trying to conquer all of the Wichita Mountains, please choose your ride responsibly. Be mindful of the distance and your endurance in the hot June temperatures.
We want everyone back to the finish line before 2 p.m. the day of the ride (Saturday, June 17th) to enjoy the fellowship and snacks at the end of the ride.
We look forward to seeing you!
Only the first 400 registrants are guaranteed a t-shirt (limited sizes)