This race page is for Race #4 of 4 in this Series. This is the SEASON FINALE and our longest race! Please be sure to sign up for the other 3 earlier in the season.
Gorham Bike & Ski is excited to present The TruStrength Skimo Cup Series this season! It is an uphill/downhill racing series. (Skimo, alpine touring, telemark, split board etc). The series consists of four total solo races for the season. Each course will also have a Recreational short course for skiers that want to participate but don’t want to race.
TruStrength Series race schedule:
Sat Jan 15th solo
Sat Jan 29th solo and 4 person relays
Sat Feb 19 solo and 2 person Team
Sat Mar 12 (w/ Baxter Outdoors) solo
The series will consist of solo racer events at each date. There will be a lightweight gear and heavy metal division at each race. Racers from each category will be ranked and given points for their placing. Points from each race will be totaled for the season and we will crown overall Cup Champions from each division.
Extra events: We will be hosting two additional fun events. They will not be assigned series points but will have prizes that day. These additional races will use the same course areas as solo racers but will be run following the solo race so that racers can enter both competitions.
Each course will also have a Recreation short course for skiers that want to participate but don’t want to race. These events will have a lesser cost and be shorter in distance with no boot packs or technical aspects.
2 Person Team – In the team event, a team (composed of two racers) must at all times race together, and must finish together. During ascents, team members must not be separated by more than 30 seconds, and during descents no more than 10 seconds. Team members must leave all transitions together, and must finish within 5 seconds of each other.
4 Person Relay – In the relay event, a team (composed of four racers) will complete the course in stages. One racer will race at a time handing off to their teammate during transition.
Requirements for all races:
· All racers must wear a helmet
· A single ski/binding weight of 1,360 grams (3 lbs) will be the cutoff for entering the Heavy Metal Division
· Poles need to be on snow during transitions
· All racers must have a pack that skis can attach to for races requiring a boot pack section
· A tow line can be implemented in the 2 Person Team race (ascent only)
· Other rules may be imposed by the race director at each event
· Racers are NOT required to wear masks while outside by the RD, if the resort imposes this that will be outside our choice). Racers will abide by the resort rules for indoor usage of masks
· Racers either need to provide proof of a natural occurring infection of COVID19 within past 6 months, proof of COVID vax, or a negative test result within three days of racing. Racers should not attend if they are symptomatic.
· We believe in personal privacy but also in public health and safety. We are giving lots of safe options here so please be honest and don’t let this be a reason for not racing
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Mar 12th Solo Race - LIGHT GEARThis event is for Light Race Gear (ski/binding <1360g (3lbs) single ski)Activity Starts: 3/12/2022 09:00 - Activity Ends: 3/12/2022 12:00Registration opens : 11/22/2021 13:37Activity type: SkiingRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number
Mar 12th Solo Race -HEAVY METALThis event is for Heavy Metal (ski/binding >1360g (3lbs) single ski)Activity Starts: 3/12/2022 09:00 - Activity Ends: 3/12/2022 12:00Registration opens : 11/22/2021 13:37Activity type: SkiingRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number
Mar 12th Short CourseThis is a timed but non-scored event.Activity Starts: 3/12/2022 09:00 - Activity Ends: 3/12/2022 12:00Registration opens : 11/22/2021 13:37Activity type: SkiingRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number