For more info, visit https://www.doubleblackevents.com/
The first ever Utah Onyx race will be held in the middle of some of the state's finest mountains. Brighton Resort will present unique challenges for first-time and seasoned Onyx racers with plenty of vert, varying terrain, and possible snow. See you on the slopes!
Goal: Score as many points as possible
Duration: 4 hours (Onyx), 8 hours (Onyx Ultra)
The Onyx race is our signature event that completely flips the script on what a trail race can be. Instead of racing for time, participants race for points. The goal of the race is to score as many points as possible in the given timeframe. Points are earned by running designated out-and-back routes and bringing back either a sandbag or flag from the turnaround point on any of the routes.
Each route has different point values. Flags are worth 1x the route value while sandbags are worth 1.5x. The longer the route, the higher the point value. You choose where, how much, and how hard you run for the duration of the race.
Know your strengths, set your strategy, and challenge yourself.
For complete info and FAQs on Onyx, visit https://www.doubleblackevents.com/onyxfaq
- 2 tickets for our post-race raffle
- Free swag
- Nutrition items from our sponsors
- Finisher awards
- Access to well-stocked aid stations and recovery area
- Access to our awesome venue area equipped with our electronic leaderboard, free product from local vendors, and great music
- A shot at the podium to win prize money and other awards
- Access to photos and videos from the race