The Absentee Shawnee Tribe's Native Connections and Substance Abuse & Suicide Prevention Grants invites you to throw on your running shoes in our Virtual Suicide Prevention 5K Challenge! You can walk, run, or move to show your support, love, and strength for National Suicide Prevention Month this September.
We can all help prevent suicide. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN/WALK/MOVE CHALLENGE
- Register for the race and print your bib
- Complete a 5k (3.1 miles) run/walk/move at your convenience, any time, anywhere between September 1-30, 2021.
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! Tag @Absentee Shawnee Tribal Health System and @Absentee Shawnee Tribe on Facebook and use the hashtags #ASTSuicidePreventionVirtual5K and #BeThe1To.
- FREE Virtual Suicide Prevention 5K Challenge Shirt (upon completion of the challenge).
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I track my distance?
There are several apps available that you can use to track your distance and time. Click here for a list of the top 10 free running apps for iOS and Android. (NOTE: If you do not have a smartphone or device to track your distance please contact our team by clicking the "Questions" button at the bottom of this page.)
- When will I get my FREE shirt?
Complete the 5K Challenge by September 30, 2021 and you will receive your free shirt. They will be available for pick up from our Little Axe Health Center and Shawnee Clinic locations the week of October 11-15, 2021. Please check your email for details!
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
- How do I submit my results after completing the challenge?
Submit your results directly on the RunSignUp website. Click on the Results tab at the top then you will get redirected to the next page where you will see Submit Virtual Results at the top.
- Do I have to track my time?
No, however you will have the option once you submit your results to enter your time to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.