Let's celebrate spring in NEPA! Come join us for the Wyoming Valley Striders 46th Annual Cherry Blossom 5 Mile Run / 17th Annual Tim Thomas Memorial!
This event will be held at Kirby Park when the stunning cherry trees are in full bloom. (Tim Thomas was a local standout runner and ran for Bloomsburg University. He died at age 31.)
- To limit in-person contact, runners must pre-register online. Race day entries will not be accepted.
- Pre-entry fee (we pay processing fee): WVS members $18 (code will be emailed), non-members $20
- All entrants will receive a commemorative race swag item.
- Pre-registration will be capped at the first 200 entries.
- Now until March 21, 2021: Last year’s entrants and current WVS members will have first dibs at registering for the 2021 race. Appropriate emails were sent in March with instructions. If a member registered for the 2020 race, they will only receive deferral instructions.
- If a last year entrant does not use their deferral from 2020 before race cap is reached, their previous entry will become void and no refunds will be given.
- On March 22, 2021: Registration will be available to everyone.
- Online registration will close Friday, April 30, 2021 at 11:59 am or earlier if race cap is reached.
- Entry fee is not refundable or transferable.
- If a runner or spectator is sick or has recently been exposed to Covid-19, they need to stay home.
- Face masks must be worn by all participants, spectators, and volunteers while not in the act of running.
- Pre-entry packet pick-up will begin at 8:30 am at the pavilion inside Kirby Park.
- Pick-up will be organized by A-L and M-Z lines.
- Race start is at 10:00 am.
- This race will be chip timed.
- Runners will be staggered at the starting line.
- The start and finish of the run is in the meadow area in Kirby Park, Wilkes-Barre, PA. The course is mostly flat over a macadam pavement on the dike.
- Bring your own water if needed while running.
- Individual water bottles will be available at the finish.
- No awards ceremony will be held.
- Medal distribution options will be available and emailed to age-group winners a week post-race. The WVS appreciates consideration of not having to mail an award.
- If the race is cancelled due to any directives by the PA Governor, the hosted location, or the WVS, 2021 pre-entries will be deferred to next year. No refunds will be given.
Vince Wojnar Triple Crown
- If Winter’s End, Cherry Blossom, and the 20K Run take place in person in 2021, there will be a triple crown.
- This race is open to anyone. You do not need to be a WVS member to run. You can however become a member or renew your membership during the checkout process. Online memberships are $7 per year. Membership cards are sent within a week of receipt or given race day if received 14 days prior to event or not yet expired.
- The race directors reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Wyoming Valley Striders 46th Annual Cherry Blossom 5 Mile Run/17th Annual Tim Thomas MemorialThe start and finish of the run is in the meadow area in Kirby Park. The course is mostly flat over a macadam pavement.Activity Starts: 5/2/2021 10:00 - Activity Ends: 5/2/2021 11:30Registration opens : 3/15/2021 09:30Activity type:Requires Date of BirthRequires phone number