Come join us for the Wyoming Valley Striders 29th Annual Spring Trail Run and 7th Annual Jen Stec Memorial contested over a challenging, primarily grass and earth trail in this age-group graded race on Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 12:00 noon. This race is also in memory of Jen Stec, who was a friend to all runners and first female in this race six times.
- To limit in-person contact, runners must pre-register online. Cost is $7 (includes processing fee). Race day entries will not be accepted. Online registration will close Friday, May 14 at 11:59 am or earlier if race cap is reached.
- Pre-registration will be capped at the first 150 entries.
- Entry fee is not refundable or transferable.
- If a runner or spectator is sick or has recently been exposed to Covid-19, they need to stay home.
- Recommended CDC guidelines for self-protection, face masking and social distancing should be followed. Face masks must be worn by all participants, spectators and volunteers while not in the act of running.
- Pre-entry pick-up will begin at 10:45 am near the boat launch area.
- Packet pick-up will be organized by A-L and M-Z lines.
- Race is already an age-group graded race with a staggered start. Depending on your age, that is when you start the race. See the Age-Group Graded section below for handicap chart.
- Runners are asked to adhere to the race starter for line up instructions.
- Bring your own water if needed while running.
- Individual water bottles will be available at the finish.
- Awards are NOT given by “net” time. They are based off the staggered starting times. The goal of staggered start is that most people should finish around the same time. It also gives older runners a head "start".
- Top 20 finishers will be given their medal upon finishing. No awards ceremony will be held.
- If the race is cancelled due to any directives by the PA Governor, the hosted facility, or the WVS, pre-entries will be deferred to next year. No refunds will be given.
- This race is open to anyone. You do not need to be a WVS member to run. You can however become a member or renew your membership during the checkout process. Online memberships are $7 per year. Membership cards are sent within a week of receipt or given race day if received 14 days prior to event or not yet expired.
- The race directors reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
Directions and Parking
From the main park entrance, follow the Park Entrance Road until you come to a tee intersection. At the tee, turn to the left and park in one of the parking lots either the first immediately to the left or the one straight ahead. Race registration is at the end of the parking lot near the boat launch area at the lake. Overflow parking is available turning right at the tee intersection.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Wyoming Valley Striders 29th Annual Spring Trail 5.3 Mile Run/7th Annual Jen Stec MemorialRace over a challenging, primarily grass and earth trail. Directions and Parking: From the main park entrance, follow the Park Entrance Road until you come to a tee intersection. At the tee, turn to the left and park in one of the parking lots either the first immediately to the left or the one straight ahead. Race registration is at the end of the parking lot at the pavilion near the boat launch area at the lake. Overflow parking is available turning right at the tee intersection.Activity Starts: 5/16/2021 12:00 - Activity Ends: 5/16/2021 14:00Registration opens : 3/16/2021 07:50Activity type:Requires Date of BirthRequires phone number